We know that Yoga poses help to keep the body pliable, flexible and well-toned up without applying any dynamism on the body. There is a certain fine-tuning in this ancient Eastern maintenance system of the body that preserves one in harmony with nature.
So, here we are explaining about the top 30 yoga poses that can benefit your soul, mind and body. Just get refreshed by learning the best yoga poses and get acquainted with their benefits. Make this yoga poses a part of your daily life to get through stress, depressions, loneliness, as yoga was the only way our ancestors relied on to quickly get through any health issues. Each yoga asana or pose has its own importance. It is not just stretching of arms and legs. Every move in yoga is controlled by the 5 elements of nature. So make sure you are completely dedicated to how you practice each move in achieving the desired result. The yoga poses described below can be performed by both men and women to get a life altering experience.
Top 30 Yoga Poses:
1. Slow Neck Stretches Yoga Pose:
- Get the chin down to your chest and wait for 10 seconds. Now look back towards the sky for about 5 seconds. Do this 5-10 times.
- Next, stretch the head sideways, push your ear onto the shoulder. This doesn't mean you need to touch the shoulder.
- Stay on each side for 5 seconds and repeat it for 10 sets.
- Next is to move the head sideways. Turn the head to left and right very slowly and stay for 5 seconds on each side.
- If you practice these stretches for more time, you will get results faster.
- Relieves from cervical Spondylitis.
- Alleviates pain in the spine.
- You may get relief from upper back and neck.
It is the simplest pose of yoga and is referred to as "Mountain Pose".
- Stand straight with foot together and the hands hanging on the sides.
- Look straight, take a breath and now raise both your hands and bring the palms to the chest and exhale.
- Again inhale slowly and raise the hands above the head in a mountain position. Now raise the toes and stretch the arms.
- Stand in this position for about 30 seconds.
- Lower the toes and come back to normal position. Do the same for 10 sets.
It helps to increase the height, get relief from back pain, visceroptosis, and spine.
Note: If you're having dizziness, please avoid this pose.
3. Uttanasana Yoga Pose:
- Stand straight, raise the arms above the head and now bend the hips with both the palms touching the floor. If you are a beginner and can't stretch more, just touch the knees.
- When you touch the floor, make sure the buttocks are pointing upwards.
- Remain with the hands touching the floor for about a minute and get back to normal position.
- Doing the pose daily for about 10 sets can help you strengthen the thighs, calves and knees.
- It also helps in relieving stress and depression.
- It provides instant relief from hamstrings and painful lower back.
4. Trikonasana Yoga Pose:
It is also referred to as Triangle Pose.
- Stand with the foot with at least one leg length apart from each other. Now open the arms and keep them to shoulder height.
- Inhale and slowly take the left hand and touch the left foot stay for about 5 seconds and stand straight.
- Now take the right hand and touch the right foot and stay in this position for 5 seconds. Do the same for right and left positions each of 10 sets.
Benefits: This pose allows tuning of spinal nerves and keeps the digestive system healthy.
5. Dhanurasana Yoga Pose:
It is also Known as Bow Pose.
- Lie down on the floor with the stomach facing the floor. Keep the arms and legs relaxed.
- In this position, bend the knees towards the buttocks and pull out the arms to hold the ankles. Raise the chest from the ground and pull your legs backward.
- Gaze towards the sky with arms straight and engaged. Lift the thighs off the floor to contract the hip. Stay in this pose for 10 seconds before getting to normal position.
- Bow pose has great benefits for both men and women.
- Perfect for diabetic patients.
- Provides relief from neck and back pains.
- Women can benefit in reducing the fat near abdomen, thighs, hips and waist.
- Get relief from flatulence.
- Enhances digestive system, dyspepsia and Sciatica.
- Strengthens thigh muscles, lumbar, spleen, liver, genital organs, and solar plexus.
6. Surya Namaskar:
It is also referred to as Sun Salutation. It is a way to thank the Sun for the power that he is providing to all the living creatures on Earth. Sun Salutation can be performed early in the morning or at sunset. It is a total exercise for the whole body.
- Its can cure eye vision issues quickly.
- When the bends are performed, it relaxes the whole backbone and muscle.
- Increases willpower and removes stress and depression.
- Nourishes every part of the body and increases metabolic activity and blood circulation.
7. Kapalabhati Yoga Pose:
- Sit in a calm place and take the deep breath. Make a powerful contraction of the lower belly. This pushes out air from lungs and when inhaled, it brings in the air back into the lungs.
- Keep taking the breath and start pushing the lower belly in and out. Repeat this for 10 times every morning.
- It helps to lose weight.
- Improves body tone, Enhances respiratory passages and clears allergies.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Increases lung capacity to push in enough oxygen.
8. Baddakonasana Yoga Pose:
It is also referred to as butterfly pose. It is a great way to improve the reproductive system in women and men.
- Sit on floor with erect spine
- Fold your knees and bring the feet close to the body.
- Inhale and exhale while pressing the knees and thighs towards the ground.
- Apply pressure with the elbows on the knees, so that it looks like a butterfly flapping its wings up and down.
- It works great for pregnant women in having a normal delivery.
- Enhances reproductive system in men and women.
- It helps in stimulating prostate glands, kidneys and abdominal organs. Ensures to cure menstruation problems for women.
9. Eagle Twist Pose:
It's the way seems to be like eagle twists and turns. This pose actually improves the operation of 12 important joints in the body.
- Stand straight with feet close
- Twist the right arm under left and hold hand together
- Push the elbows lower so the fingers are lower than the nose
- Push the body down which should look like sitting on a chair
- Now lift the right leg and put it over left leg
- Make sure to align the body in one line
- Do the same with opposite hands and leg twists.
- Flushes toxic materials from kidney
- Helps to push kidney stones
- Brings good blood circulation to sexual organs and improves sexual power.
10. Shirshasana Yoga Pose:
It is also referred to as Headstand pose.
- Instead of standing on legs, we invert the body and stand on the head.
- From standing position, move to squat position. Now slowly bend down with the head touching the ground and hand a part in equal lengths.
- Lift knees off the ground and place the feet straight on a wall. Be in this position for about 5 minutes.
- It clears issues related to high blood pressure and neck injuries.
- Quickly pass blood to brain and eyes.
- With this pose, the gravity is reversed which helps in soothing the pressure on vertebrae.
- It can easily treat people with stress and depression.
11. Sarvanga Yoga Pose:
- Lay with back on the floor and relax.
- Hold on the hip and apply enough pressure with the hands to raise the legs upwards.
- Legs should be at 90 degrees angle from the floor.
- Make sure the back and legs are raised and keep straight for about 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat this for 3-4 times.
- It increases the immunity of the body and helps prevent disease.
- Improves blood circulation, digestive system, sexual power, ovaries.
- Helps in losing weight.
12. Paschimottanasana Pose:
It means back stretch exercise.
- Sit on the floors with legs straight in front.
- Keep the back erect and bend the body forward with both the hands touching the feet.
- Now bend towards the knees and keep forehead touching the knees. Be in this position for 5 seconds and repeat it for 10 times.
- Stretches entire spine and hamstrings.
- Stimulates the solar plexus center and enhances concentration.
- Relieves from digestive problems and sciatica.
13. Halasana Pose:
It is a Plow Pose yoga asana and is very simple.
- Just lie on the floor, lift the legs and place them behind the head.
- The hands should be placed opposite to legs.
- Helps in stretching the spine and shoulders
- Reduces fatigue.
- Perfect for stimulating the thyroid gland.
- Relieves symptoms of menopause.
14. Ardhahalasana Yoga Poses:
It is also known as Half Plough Pose.
- Lay down with complete body touching the floor.
- Now with an inhale, lift one leg to 90 degrees without any bend. Hold on the leg for 5 seconds and do the same with another leg. Repeat the cycle for 20 times.
- Cures constipation.
- The abdominal region gets flexible.
- Prevents hernia.
- Helps women in relieving menstrual problems.
15. Bhujangasana Yoga Pose:
It is also known as Cobra pose. It is best for people sitting on the desktop for hours.
- Lie on the stomach.
- Place hands sideways in equal length.
- Take a breath and raise the chest upward like a snake applying pressure on the hands.
- The arms must be straight.
- Hold the breath in for 15-30 seconds and on an exhale, slowly come down to normal position.
- Perform this for about 10 times.
- Increases and strengthens the spine and muscles in the back.
- It can strengthen the upper body.
- Best yoga pose for asthma patients.
16. Pawana Muktasana Yoga Pose:
It is also known as Wind Removing Pose.
- Sleep normally on the floor.
- Now raise the head and bring the knees to touch the forehead.
- Hold the knees tight for about 20 seconds.
- Inhale when holding the knees and exhale when releasing to normal position.
- It is the best yoga pose to get rid of acidity problems and poor digestion. Helps in controlling gastrointestinal problems.
- Enhances reproductive organs for menstruation disorder.
17. Uttanpadasana Yoga Pose:
It is also known as Both Legs Raised Pose
- Sleep with back on the ground.
- Place the hands firmly on the ground
- Have your eyes focused on the ceiling
- Now inhale and raise the legs 45 degrees and hold in the position for 20 seconds
- Now push the legs into 90 degrees angle and stay there for 10 seconds
- Exhale and bring the legs back to the ground.
- Repeat this 5 times every day.
- It improves the power of thigh muscles and abdominal muscles.
- Provides strength to pelvic, lower back.
- Produces digestive juices.
18. Setu Bandhasana Yoga Pose:
It is also known as Shoulder Supported Bridge
- Lie on the floor with arms and legs relaxed
- Now fold your knees with arms close to the body
- Push your hip upwards
- Now hold the foot with your hands
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds
- Repeat the cycle for 10 times every day
- It strengthens hamstrings, central nervous system, buttocks, spine, hips, abdominal organs and neck.
- Alleviates mild depression.
19. Vajrasana Yoga Pose:
It is also known as Diamond Pose, Firmness or Adamant Pose
- Sit on a floor with knees folded under the buttocks
- Sit straight with spine erect
- Close your eyes
- Let’s the palms be placed on the respective thighs
- Inhale and exhale slowly
- When exhaling, imagine as if you're pushing away the disorder from the body through the nose
- Do this asana for 5 minutes every day.
- Stabilizes the mind.
- Appropriate to be practiced after lunch or dinner for people suffering from gastric trouble.
- Cures stomach disorder and urinary problems.
- Helps arthritis patients and reduce obesity.
20. Matsyendrasana Yoga Pose:
It is also known as Half-Spinal Twist Pose.
- Sit in a relaxed position with both the legs in front of you.
- Bend your right leg and place the heel of the right foot on the perineum.
- Cross your left leg over your right knee and place it on the floor. The left foot should touch the floor.
- Pass your right hand on your left calf and grab the big toe of the left foot.
- The toe should be kept with the thumb, index and middle finger.
- Slide your left hand behind your back and get to the root of your right thigh.
- Enter the final position by rotating the shoulder, neck and head left. Align the chin with the left shoulder.
- Hold onto this position as long as you comfortably can.
- Repeat the same for the opposite side.
- Improves flexibility in each vertebra of the spine.
- Helps to relieve constipation
- Helps to raise the Kundalini Shakti
21. Anandabalasana Yoga Pose:
It is also known as Happy Baby Pose
- Lay on the back with knees drawn toward the chest.
- Hold the feet of your legs with the hands.
- Push the knees wide and stay in this position for a minute.
- It opens the hips and stretches the inner groins.
- Realign the spine.
- Relieves stress.
22. Balasana Yoga Pose:
It is also known as Child Pose.
- Sit on the floor with kneeling position.
- Move the feet under the hips and the toes should touch each other
- Now bend down as if our bowing to elders. The forehead should touch the floor.
- The hands should be placed sideways or can hold on to the toes.
- Stay in this position for 20 seconds and repeat the pose for 10 times.
- It promotes cardiovascular recovery, powers up things, hips and ankles.
- It helps in reducing stress and depression.
- It is a good exercise for spondylitis neck.
23. Shavasana Yoga Pose:
It is also known as Corpse Pose and is the best relaxation yoga pose.
This pose is known as dead man's pose and has to be performed at the end yoga sessions. This pose is just not about normal sleeping. You lay down and virtualize how consciously you can think of relaxing the muscles with the breathing technique.
Benefits: It relaxes the overall body, mind and soul.
24. Virabhadrasana Yoga Pose:
It is also called as Warrior Pose.
- Stand straight and move one leg forward with a bent knee
- Now raise the hands upward and stay in this position for about a minute
- Now get back the leg to normal position and push forward the other leg and repeat the same process.
It strengthens back, thighs, arms and shoulders, Stretches lungs and chest, Stimulates abdominal organs and digestion.
25. Ustrasana Yoga Pose:
It is also known as Camel Pose
- Step onto your knees. Keep your spine straight and inhale arms palms in prayer.
- Fold the toes or feet above the ground.
- Bring hands to heels or flat feet without moving your hips back. Only the lower back is folded back.
- Breathe! Release the pose and repeat the pose again.
- Improves nervous, endocrine, digestive and respiratory systems.
- Helps to get rid of Migraine and Insomnia.
26. Garudasana Yoga Pose:
It is also known as Eagle Pose, Garuda means Eagle. It is also the name of the Ruler of the birds. Garuda is portrayed as the vehicle of Vishnu and as having a white face, a peak of aquiline, Red Wings and a body of gold.
- From Tadasana, inhale and elevate your arms equivalent to the floor.
- Exhale and pull your right arm over the top of the left. Bend your elbows out the back of hands touching each other.
- Bring the right hand forward and as you bring it back, allow the palms to touch. Press the palms equally and use your arms to help release the shoulder to the back, drawing the lower tips of the blades deep into the back.
- Twisting your knees, bring the left foot on the right thigh. Resting the back of the left thigh in front of the right thigh.
- Attach the left foot around the right calf. Keep pressing the inner legs together, drawing tailbone towards the floor and lift your elbows to shoulder height. Face, neck and abdomen should remain flat.
- Release and repeat on the opposite side, staying for equal lengths of both sides.
- It strengthens the lower back, hips, calves, ankles, legs. Removes stiffness from shoulders.
- Improves balance and concentration.
27. Nataraja Yoga Pose:
It is also known as Dancer Pose
- Stand in Mountain Pose.
- Inhale and bend the right leg backward, clutching the left foot with your left hand while simultaneously extending your right arm forward.
- Continue lifting the right arm up until about 45 degrees from the floor while lifting the left leg high as possible with the left arm.
- Hold the pose while breathing softly through the nostrils. Maintain your fixed look just above horizon.
- Stay in this asana for 1 minute.
- Quickly strengthen the sense of balance.
- Reduces weight
- Improves digestive system
- Releases stress and depression
28. Naukasana Yoga Pose:
It is also known as the boat pose as this yoga resembles the boat.
- Lie on the floor in resting position.
- Now breathe in deeply and raise the head after progressively neck and shoulder and then the legs such that the head, hands and legs by boat type structure.
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds and get back to normal.
- It reduces belly fat, enhances the activation of lungs, liver, and pancreas.
- Diabetes patients can maintain the sugar levels.
29. Marjariasana Yoga Pose:
It is also known as cat pose.
- Come to kneeling position with the hand on the ground. Think of a cat.
- Look straight.
- As you exhale, bend your hips in the Cat Pose inclination. To do this, you would get abs pulled back slowly toward the spine, tailbone be tucked in the buttocks and need to be contracted.
- Now put your hands firmly on the ground and allow the body to be lifted well above the shoulder. Around the spine toward the ceiling, reach the center of the spine.
- Spine and back, shoulders and neck gets massaged.
- Helps improving the spinal fluids, blood movement, digestive tract.
30. Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana Yoga:
It is also known as Extended Hand-to-Big-Toe posture.
- Standstill, raise your right leg and hold the toes with the hands.
- Now stretch the leg sideways with hands still holding the toes.
- Stay in this pose for 10-20 seconds
- Do the same with left leg
- It promotes equanimity and balance in legs.
- Strengths toes and fingertips.
Watch the following video to get clear idea about all the above mentioned yoga asanas.
After a long research, the above said yoga poses are the top and the best 30 yoga asanas which can quickly heal you through the health related issues in this modern lifestyle. Make sure to follow the steps and benefits of each pose and select the one that you require. Stop spending dollars to doctors and health care centers. It is also better to use Eco-friendlyYoga Mats, Yoga Accessories and Yoga Mat Bags according to our requirements. Finally, remember that most of the issues can be resolved with yoga poses.