Whether it might be a festive season or on any occasional feast, we spend most of the time with families and friends relaxing, shopping and dining with delicious food. With items like roasted garlic mashed potatoes, braised beef, lemon-dill butter poached salmon and many other yummy and tempting dishes one couldn't control eating any longer. But such a meal with lots and lots of fatty foods and sweets, could pose a severe effect on the diet and fitness strategies, which are being followed since a long back. It might really be about having fun, but at the same time health and fitness should also be taken care.
The good news is that a few simple and precise steps can make occasional feasts healthier, no matter what you eat.
- The biggest changes in blood glucose, make maintaining hard to a consistent level. Exercise after eating lowers blood glucose, as active muscles consume glucose as a fuel. Walking or running forms a good idea.
- Standing for some time also activates the muscles. Make your feast healthier performing something actively so that the calories will be spent.
- Don’t skip breakfast or lunch as it leads to overeat during the meal. As our body isn't meant to handle thousands of calories in one sitting, the excess calories get stored as unwanted fat.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day.
- Make your entire plate represent only one item from each of the food groups.
- Eat slowly so that you taste and enjoy every bite, giving time for the food to digest.
- Enjoy the company of some others while eating. The more you socialize, the less you eat as you can’t eat and talk at the same time.
- An alcoholic beverage can increase caloric intake in just one shot, so be cautious of alcoholic intake.
Following these simple tips during occasional feasts, relieve yourwary about health and fitness.