Quite a few strides a day keeps your weight gain away. Walking is not only meant for weight loss, but is also very healthy exercise that no other workout activity can replace. Motivate yourself to run regularly and strategically until your overweight runs away, leaving you behind, with fit and healthy body. If you are planning to lose weight, then never compete with others rather compete with yourself that boosts you to exercise more. A bad or slow or short walk is better than a no walk at all. So plan something for your well-being.
Let your day start with a walk, studies revealed that walking is good not only for your bodily functions, but significantly good for your brain and improves your thinking abilities. Never believe the voice in your head, which tries to demotivate you saying that you can’t do what you want to, rather believe the voice which motivates you by saying that with each stride you take and each mile you cover, you’re one step closer to what you want to be. Walking forms the man’s best solution to most health problems.
What are the benefits of walking?
A few mindful and strategically planned steps a day will leave you with lifelong health and active mind. When your legs tired before you reach your target for the day, start walking with your heart.
- Supports health management
- Easily accessible and no separate equipment required
- Best and easiest way to lose weight and maintain well-being
- Maintains low and high density Lipo-protein cholesterol levels and blood pressure
- Reduced risk of some type of cancers and heart-attack
- No fear of injuries to most extent
- An active mind and an active body throughout the day
Suggestions for a fruitful walk:
- Change your walking routine as per guidelines periodically
- Enjoy your walk for better results
- Walk to a beat so that it gives aerobic movement
- Log your miles for verifying previous achievements and get motivated for improved performance
- Choose uneven terrain for a better result oriented walking experience
Safety tips to be taken during a walk:
It’s very important to maintain some safety measures for effective walking. Even though, walking is just a very simple activity that we’re well used to, still it’s very crucial to keep some safety tips in mind.
- Start walking slowly for the muscles to warm up as you go
- Monitor heart rate continuously
- Make sure that you’re well hydrated at regular intervals of time
- Wear proper clothing that fits your walking activity perfectly
- Plan a route before starting to remove any ambiguity and concentrate on walking
- Maintain a pedometer to track your steps if required
Tips for power walking:
Power walking is different from brisk walking and is to be more carefully practiced as during a power walk the speed is at the upper end of the natural range for the walker. For successful power walking there is a technique.
- Keep your eyes straight forward as good and tall posture is the key to successful power walking
- Keep arms bent at 90 degrees and have to act as pistons
- Lift up the rib-cage and lengthen the waist for a fast walk
- Don’t clench your fists as hands are one among the places that get relaxed during a power walk
- Pretend as if you’re pushing the road behind with short strides to burn more calories
It’s now in our hands, how we use the remedy in us for various diseases. Doing something is better than not doing anything, so start walking and press all your bodily problems under your foot for each step you take.