A GPS watch forms your best trainer and companion, whatever the purpose may be, either a fitness workout or practicing for a marathon or a casual runner. They have been in the market supporting swimmers, runners as well as bicyclers.
Why chose a GPS watch?
The best GPS watches are those that gives the top benefits that includes,
- Training you at the intensity you wish to get trained at
- Letting you to quantify your training and permitting you to control intensity in the race.
- With a GPS watch you never over or undertrain and
- Execute your planned race strategy.
The advantages that come with a GPS watch are:
With a wide range of fitness, sports and health gadgets available in the market, GPS enabled watches plays a prominent role with their advanced advantages that can be encountered from no other gadget.
1. Online data upload
GPS running watches easily syncs with online programs to store workout data for later analysis. This will be very helpful in reaching the target goals in a strategic way and also assists in modifying the strategies for achieving the targets as planned.
2. Real-time pace information
The GPS watches will notify throughout your run with the pace that is to be maintained as preset by you. This pace information is very useful in the case of training for a race or marathon.
3. Customizable display
The display is customizable and can be adjusted to display the factors that you feel are important during the activity. This helps in easy access to the data that you feel is more important.
4. Route mapping and sharing
GPS watches have an excellent feature that no other watches have, you can plan and store running routes. The routes planned can be shared with other runners. Apart from being fun, this will motivate you to run more and workout more for better results.
Choosing a best GPS watch:
There is a huge count of GPS watches readily available in the market and the one that you choose depends on various facts. What will you use the GPS watch for and how often will it be used, are the driving factors in picking a GPS fitness watch. It, being difficult to pick one from the pile of GPS watches, here are a few selected top rated GPS watches:
1. Approach S2 Golf GPS watch:
- It measures back, front and middle yardages
- Layup and dogleg distances are computed
- 30000+ courses pre-loaded
- Cable to transfer data to PC
- Built-in odometer
- High sensitivity GPS receiver
2. Forerunner 610 GPS watch:
- Inspects cadence sensor or bike speed
- The effect of activity performed on aerobic fitness is measured
- Calculates distance covered and lap pace
- The tracked data can be transferred to a PC for further analysis
- Accessible for multiple sports
- Customized screens
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver
3. Forerunner 110 watch:
- Tracks distance covered, calories burnt, time elapsed and average pace
- HotFix TM satellite prediction assists highly sensitive GPS receiver
- The USB interface is compatible with Garmin Connect
- Distance and pace being the 2 important motivators for runners, FR110 records all this data together with time very accurately
- Fuss-free technology
4. New Balance NX990 Cardio Trainer
- Digital compass calibration
- Adjustable declination
- Cardinal north indicator
- 3 navigational modes with 48,170 track points stored
- Chronograph featured
- The display can be customized to either in metrics or imperial units
Apart from just tracking the workout or running activities, all the above listed GPS watches can monitor your heart rate accurately. These GPS heart rate monitor watches when used with a heart rate monitor will show the heart rate stats and will alert you when the heart rate is beyond the healthy and efficient heart rate zone. The heart rate zones are customizable. No other GPS watches other than the above listed can offer such features.